View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
jonnythan
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: loved my diamond until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
How is the hero treating you? I'm considering the choice of getting one or waiting for the next top android or wm phone.. What i use mainly on my diamond is Instant messenger and text / youtube / hear music / surf the net. I don't really use most those hardcore features others do so seems like it would fit me will? what keeps me from switching is most expensive app's I've invested in lol
Brilliantly. There was a learning curve with Android and Sense, but it was much smaller than the one for WinMo and its billion options. After using Android and Sense for a week, WinMo 6.5 feels downright absurdist. I can't believe how a week of this makes WinMo 6.5 seem absolutely ancient.

The breadth and maturity of the apps in the Market is the most staggering thing. WinMo might generally have apps that cover most (but certainly not all) of the functionality, but the apps here are just better. They actually feel more or less professional. And there are so many of them! I've already installed about 50 apps and kept more than half of them.

The browser experience is much faster and smoother on this phone than on the Diamond, but the page rendering isn't as perfect as Opera, surprisingly. I haven't run into any trouble yet, but every now and then something is out of place.

Youtube is about the same, maybe a bit faster. Looks great on the larger screen though. I never use IM. Text messaging is a bit more annoying on the default app (requires a lot more taps and swipes to respond to a message) but installing Handcent SMS fixes pretty much all that.

I tried a TP2 a couple of days ago and it seriously felt like I was using something from 2003.
This post has been thanked 1 times.