nosmohtac
Regular 'Geeker

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Uhh sorry if this is noobish but:

I glazed over 13 pages and I have yet to find any file/link/attachment holding any BT stack files or a ROM to flash.

Am I missing something? Is it because I'm too new of a member to get them?

BTW
I was surprised to hear this thrown into a ROM, usually its just a matter of porting the files over, followed by a soft reset & voila but I have to admit I only did this with standalone-PDAs, never did this with a PDA-phone. :/

Anyway any help would be great thanks.
If you click on the qlinks on the top of the forum page, then click on open ftp site, then click on "titan", "users", "sfaure03", you'll see the file.

most of the ROMS will be found under users here.

The BT stack on the Mogul is somehow lacking, but the BT stack on the touch seems to work well. The hardware in the mogul and the touch are almost identical, as such some have tried getting the BT drivers from the touch to work with the mogul.

From my understanding, these drivers are tied in to the OS and as such cannot be bundled in a .cab file to add on to your OS. I don't fully understand why, but from what I've read that is the case.

I've owned previous stand alone pda's that I've been able to install different BT drivers, but I'm sure the BT chips in those PDA's were quite different than the BT chips in these newer phones where many things are integrated in to the same circuit card.