View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 AM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 could be Better

Although the TP2 has many of the same specs as the TP it is still a large improvement over the TP and worthwhile upgrade. From my experiences with both devices, the TP2 is better in the following ways:
1) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better camera!
2) Bigger and better screen
3) Bigger and better keyboard
4) Better video playback, not as choppy as before (note the different chip set)
5) WAAAAAAAAAAAY better build quality. This thing feels solid!
6) Feels more responsive. I have not done benchmark comparisons but it feels snappier.
7) Much improved speaker phone.

I know on paper they look very similar, but in reality they are not. A 528 MHz processor can be quite fast when optimized correctly, the iPhone 3Gs only uses a 600 MHz processor and look how fast it is. My point is that the TP processor was nothing to scoff at, it just needed to be better implemented and optimized, hence the release of the TP2.

Other than that, HTC knows people will buy these devices. But honestly, how many devices are they releasing per carrier? It isn't that many. VZW essentially has two versions of the same phone: one with a hardware kb and one without. Sprint now has the TP2 and will hopefully get a CDMA version of the HD2.