View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Trident
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

A few more things I've noticed about the MobileShell ROM.
  1. Even without Titanium or Manila, there still isn't a lot of extra memory. I expected more than 50Mb.
  2. The really cool looking sms reader when I tapped on the SMS widget the first time never appeared again. Now when I tap on it, it just goes to the normal messaging app.
  3. MS3.5 weather never updates automatically. It hasn't, no matter how it was installed on other ROMs either. Obviously a MS glitch.
  4. The calendar only started to show appointments correctly after I integrated with PI9 and then reset the phone.
  5. WiFi (or maybe the MS Wireless Manager) kept freezing the system and required 2 resets to get things working. Seems to be OK now.
  6. I really like that, without Titanium, I can go to the old-style Today screen and use PhoneWeaver and other Today apps and then quickly go back to MS3.5 with the right soft-key. Very nice.
  7. MS3.5 integration with PI9 seems to only be for certain links/widgets and only with the Calendar module of PI. It would be awesome if I could tap on the Contacts widget (or one of the sub-tabs) and get to PI Contacts instead of the MS3.5 GUI.
All in all, a really cool ROM. Most of the issues are minor and the majority are probably a result of glitches in MS3.5, rather than the ROM.

Can someone post up the regedit that will get rid of the phone pop-up? Something about toaster...?

Last edited by Trident; 10-13-2009 at 10:59 PM.