makavel
PPCGeeks Regular

makavel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
On a different sys than you, but ... Does the icon on the phone's top bar change to indicate some sort of microphone a second or two after you press the button? I notice when I press the button on my BT headset or speakerphone, there's a few second delay before the icon shows that Voice Command is listening. If I start talking when the headset beeps, my phone generally isn't ready for me to talk yet.
Thanks for the input! Unfortunately, the icon didn't change at all. I've been using Voice Command for a long time with WinMo, so know what you mean, but this wasn't working at all. I just figured out what the problem was though. I noticed that I actually couldn't run Voice Command at all (neither from the shortcut I created nor from my bluetooth headset). I had to manually go into the Windows folder and run "voicecmd.exe" once (and just tell it "cancel" or whatever). After that, I could use Voice Command on my headset. Any time I soft reset, I have to do that again before it'll work. Weird!