View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM
aamon17
Regular 'Geeker

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Lightbulb Using XV6700 cradle with TP2

For those who still have their cradle from their XV6700, you can use it for your TP2 with a slight modification!

-- The mini usb jack on the cradle aligns with both the XV6700 & the TP2. The problem is that little nub to teh right that goes into the 2.5mm headphone jack. It's a little off for the TP2 & doesn't allow the phone to be seated in the cradle.
-- SO, take a wire cutter, fingernail cliper, pair of scissors, WHATEVER you have and cut off that little nub!

Voila! The TP2 now snaps right into the cradle & charges or syncs like it should! And, you can still drop the XV6700 in there as you always have. That little nub was just an added measure of support for the phone & holds no other functionality.

I don't have pics of mine cradle, as I'm work right now. But, I woke up this morning, made the mod, tested it myself as I ran out the door for work. It works perfectly! AND you can get these chargers all over the web for $5!!!

I didn't get a chance to check and see is if the actual battery fits in the spare battery slot on the backside. I'll check this evening. But, if anyone reading this can check & post their findings, that would be helpful.

I've attached a stock image to show the nub that show be removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xv6700-cradle-mod.jpg (53.9 KB, 217 views) Click for barcode!
---- Former Verizon XV6700
This post has been thanked 6 times.