View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 AM
letsgoflyers81
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Sprint probably won't take this off as an option. I don't think they can to be honest. I can see why they are doing it and if they are wanting to proactively get people out of the TP due to repair costs then they aren't going to offer just BB's and the Treo Pro, I mean they are probably obligated to offer the TP2 and they can't take it back once they've put it out their. It just won't fly. I mean how many people on this site alone have been "promised" a TP2 and had notes on their account to get a TP2 when they become available!!? If they pull it then they will have a HUGE mess on their hands with these situations... So I wouldn't sweat it, just try and be patient, and I know it's hard, but it will come. It may take a few weeks to completely pan out but it will come.
I agree with you that this shouldn't happen, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't. If they want to replace the TP with another model but keep customers happy with a device that's at least comparable to the TP then the TP2 is the only option. The Treo Pro, Snap, and BB Tour and Curve are not comparable for many different reasons. I'm certainly not giving up yet, but I'm very pessimistic about it since I got in on it so late.