View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
GODZSON
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Cool Theme Basics

By Fxn in XDA
Android Themes Basics 2:
Second Part of the video series is now finished =o). The topic this time is changing the status bar:

- Pulling necessary files from phone
- Extracting files required
- Editing the status_bar.xml file and classes.dex file to change status bar colours
- Repackaging the dex file
- Pushing modified files back to the phone

The video is split to 2 parts unfortunately due to Youtube having a 10 minute limit and I didn't want to cut anything out to keep it simple.

Android Themes Basics 1:
Just finished my first video tutorial for creating android themes. The topic of the first video is changing basic images so covers:

- Pulling files from the phone
- Extracting images from APK
- Placing edited images back to the APK
- Pushing the file back to phone.

I know this is very basic and most of you know perfectly how to do this but I thought I would start from the very basics

Let me know what you think and any areas you would like me to cover in future videos, Ideally I would like to create a series of videos that new people can work through to create full themes.

Videos:
Android Themes Basics 1: Changing Images
Android Themes Basics 2: Changing Statusbar (1/2)
Android Themes Basics 2: Changing Statusbar (2/2)

Thx to chuckhriczko Update!!! Add on zip files can now be flashed through recovery to install!
Update!!! Gutted Hero 1.5 Available with the MR Update!
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!
Ok. There are many changes in this rom. Some may or may not like the changes. I was thinking that I should really live up to the name "Gutted" so I completely removed anything and everything I possibly could. The change log is going to be in the next post.

Also, as stated above this update includes the MR so any issues that were resolved with the update are resolved in this rom.

Now I removed the clock widget in this release but you can easily add it back and the issue with the location and weather not showing should be fixed. Usually it takes a minute or two to find location once pushed but if it doesnt work also push HTCNew.apk and odex and it should work fine.

Oh and before I forget make sure you remember to go into the settings and do a few things. First go to Settings->Data Sunchronization->Google and set up your Google account. Also you may go to Location to set up your GPS and Display to set up the animations.

Finally, I would like to thank MoDaCo for porting the first custom rom ever to the CDMA Hero and making us all very happy people, Amon_RA for his awesome recovery image, Mlign from the Dream community for guidance and pieces of his rom and everyone here at the XDA Communities for being awesome and never giving up.

Downloads:
Gutted Hero 1.5 Full Update (68.5MB)
HTC Apps (Peep, Teeter, PDF Viewer, etc.)
HTC Widgets
Sprint Apps
Stock Apps (Voice Search, Mail, IM, etc.)
System Files (Such as HTCNew.apk, etc.)

Old Downloads: (Dont flash any of these if you want the MR update to stay in tact. These are for Gutted Hero 1.0 only!)
Gutted Hero 1.0 Full Update (70MB)
Android Apps Mini Update (Contains Voice Dialer, IM, Mail)
HTC Apps Mini Update (Contains Footprints, PDFViewer, Teeter, Weather, World Clock)
HTC Widgets Mini Update (Contains Stocks Widget and Footprints Widget)
Sprint Apps Mini Update (Contains.... Sprint Apps)[/QUOTE]

Donations (show love for my work)

Last edited by GODZSON; 01-22-2010 at 02:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.