View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Systom
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Systom
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
This wasn't the case for me, here's my story.

Called service center and told them I was having problems with the radio. My wife's TP gets delayed text and misses calls while sitting in the same room as me with my Diamond which never skips a beat, obviously not a network issue. I go in to the store, the rep tells me he can replace it with a Pre or a Snap. I wanted neither. Keep in mind there was no record of any malfunctioning of the TP in their system.

I called another store upon leaving. Told the manager that I was just told in another store that they are no longer replacing TPs with TPs as Sprint wants to remove them from circulation. She said yes this was true. I told her I was offered a Pre or a Snap, she told me the Snap is on the list but the Pre is not. She asked what my phone number was and what phone I wanted it replaced with. She offered me the Snap, Treo Pro, BB Curve, BB Tour, and TP2. I took the TP2. It will be in tomorrow and I did not even have to go into the store. This was my first exchange of the TP and the first time I've made complaint about it.

If you look at the details in the screen shot over at howard forums, you will see that multiple replacements are not a requirement in this situation.Apparently Sprint desperately wants TPs off the market. I'm surprised they're offering them to anyone let alone still selling them...

Excellent. I'll try this tomorrow and see what they say, if not, I'll call Sprint directly.