View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Systom
PPCGeeks Regular

Systom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSystom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Systom
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
FYI, I had my TP replaced with a TP2. The store did need to order it, however, they said that it is in stock now. IDK if it's a refurb or new one though.

*EDIT* They just called me and said it's on backorder and can't be ordered. They did say that they would order it when the system would let them.
^Didn't see this, what store did you go to and what did you do/tell them exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systom View Post
I'm in Oahu, I'm gonna go out and try it tomorrow--will post again with what's up or what happened. I don't have any insurance at all, but I believe I'm still in the one year warranty thing which I'll mention and etc.

EDIT: Shouldn't we all practically be eligible for the one year warranty thing, when was the phone released last year, october 19th-30th or something? I don't quite recall.
I went in today to try to replace two TP's, both with similar issues and same issues that everyone is experiencing with screwed up keyboards and etc. They said I was covered under the one year warranty at one store I went to, and I showed the guy there the print out images and explained further to him but despite that, he said he can't do it but what he could do was offer me a replacement TP or HTC Snap and I was like YEAH, no thanks, he was going to order another two TP's and I didn't wanna bother and questioned him about another store that does actual repairs and headed out that way.
The other store was extremely busy and they were rushing and etc and despite my explaining the issues, they said to do a trouble ticket, leave both TP's there and they'll see if they can fix it. Came back in an hour and both devices keyboards were working again because they replaced 'em--I tried to tell the person there that this has happened before where the keyboard works whenever it wants to and how I had to hard reset it numerous times and not only because of the keyboard, but other varying issues across both TP's. He basically just said well they are fixed now and if something happens again bring them back in to see what's up. So basically you would need to have had phone problems before in your records in order for them to swap out and replace your device with a new one. I'm already having problems with the SPACEBAR on one of the devices where there's no button pushing feeling, I mean it works, but it feels like you're pushing something solid rather than a clickable button and it's super annoying. It's a 30 minute drive away for me and I don't wanna drive back out and wait around again, so I'm gonna call Sprint tomorrow and see what they can do about this. I'll probably try to complain about both devices cuz I really don't wanna sit on the other one either when I already have a big feeling it's going to **** up in due time.

Last edited by Systom; 10-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.