View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 09:53 AM
mark elmore
PPCGeeks Regular

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Give Up! Ready to throw phone out the window!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost.infamous View Post
i dont think this is an issue with the update or the battery... first off this has been an issue long before the update. i noticed it about 2 months after getting my 1st omnia. and ive had issues with it since then. second its not really the battery thats heating up its the CPU. if you really pay attention to where the heat is coming from its the lower half of the phone(where the CPU is located) not the top half where the battery is. people assume its the bsttery because there battery drsins therefore they blaim it on that. its really more of an over heating CPU issue... i dunno just my two cents on the matter
thank you thank you thank you.
that makes total sense now
now to figure out whats causing my cpu to heat up, even when nothing is running and the screen isnt even on sometimes its getting warm and then the phone starts acting all stupid. it wont hold a call, says stuff is missing thats there etc.. I was thinking its the battery causing the phone problem when its actually the phone causing the battery problem
is it normal for the phone/battery to heat up a bit when charging and being used for Opera ppcgeeks browsing?