View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
daroga
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Player 4.1 and Windows Mobile 6.5 issue (or other suggestions)

Hey everyone!

I'm new here, but I just got an HTC Imagio a few days ago and am lookinng for a little bit of direction.

I downloaded the trial of PocketPlayer 4.1 since I would like to make my phone a replacement for my iPod. It seems to work really nicely, other than it doesn't allow me to change some of the more advanced settings. I did some searching around and it seemed like this program was having issues with early releases of WM6.5 (found something about it from about June), and seems to still be doing that even in the final release. For instance, if I try to check the box that will allow the program to download from Cell signal, not just WiFi, nothing happens. Also, the skins I put on the phone (in the correct directory) don't show up in the options either, even after a total phone reboot.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? Alternatively, anyone have any suggestions on a different program to use on the Imagio? Two big features I would like is:
* automatic Podcast download over Wifi and Cell
* automatic resume of said podcasts when I'm done with them

I don't need anything real fancy. In fact, if HTC's player in the TouchFlo would resume files after you paused them and came back later to them, that would be perfect. I know I could get the downloading via a properly equipped RSS feed program, but it would be kind of nice to have it all rolled up into one program.

Kinoma Play looks like it could do a good job, but they don't have a full-featured trial that I can find, and if I'm going to spend $20 or $30 on a piece of software, I'd like to know that it works.

Thanks guys!