bsweetness
PPCGeeks Regular

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin Mobile XT Gps Lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The thing is, why should it be behind the unit in your car at all??

I have an in-dash Garmin double din NAV unit in my truck & I see the same thing. Granted, it's not a deal breaker but it is annoying (& they all do it, I have tried the GPS in three co-workers TP2's & they where all exactly the same).

When I had an xv6800 using GarminXT that didn't lag whatever, so there is really no excuse for the TP2 to do it(even if it's just a little bit)

I do have the map set to the highest detail setting, but my in-dash unit is set exactly the same.

igo reads exactly the same also.

~John
I have yet to own a smartphone or pocket pc of any kind with GPS that was as accurate as the unit in my car, so I guess the 2 second lag is something I expected due to my assumption that the GPS hardware is inferior to the standalone unit. But I don't really ever use the GPS on my phone in the car on a regular basis (that's what the car unit is for). I primarily use it for when I'm walking around, so I don't have any lag to worry about with that.

I also have it set to the highest detail setting, so I'll have to give it a try with it toned down. Again, my assumption is that the hardware just isn't as good as the dedicated standalone unit that's not trying to do several other things at the same time like the phone.