trayson
Lurker

trayson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Trying to get this done...

I first got the "fat 16 file too large", but based on at least one other comment, I pressed on to see if it'd work.

so at the bottom of my build status dialogue box, it says, "nk.nbf not found".

And I suppose the thing that's confusing me the most is that I'm not finding a "createrom.bat" like is referenced in the "Kitchen Walkthrough" PDF that I used the last time I did the 3.5 ROM. EDIT: I just found the "Upload Rom to Device" in the drop down menus, so I now know that that replaces the createrom.bat (Can you blame me when the "instructions" are for the old kitchen software?).

So, what am I doing wrong? It has something to do with this nk.nbf not being found... Do I just need to select even less stuff in my kitchen and try again until I don't get the "fat 16 file too large" error??? or is there some other reason why the nk.nbf isn't showing up?

Okay, thanks for the tip that I was using the wrong tools folder. that helped a TON. I'm not longer getting the error messages.

Took me a bit to figure out that you hook up the cable and leave the phone ON instead of going straight into bootloader like last time in the 3.5

I am able to have the "device software update utility" talk to my device and find out that I'm about to update from 3.12.30 / 3.14.208 / 1.43.00 to WM6_AKU_070.

Sounds good so far... THen I hit the update button, it puts my phone in USB bootloader mode for me (bootloader version 2.05). Then the dialoge box says "checking information on your device"...

Still sounds good... BUT, then after a bit, an error message comes up in a dialogue box that says, "EC:256 CB: error 201: get device data error; cannot get device data". How come it was able to get the device data enough to tell me what rom I was flashing from/to, but then when it's time to actually load it; it says it can't communicate??? I'm confused.

Is it the version of my bootloader? (just a wild guess). This is a verizon XV6700 that I JUST got as a warranty replacement. I have it loaded with the Helmi 3.5 right now and am trying to get thsi WM6 on it...

Last edited by trayson; 11-15-2007 at 02:24 AM.