View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
cya
PPCGeeks Regular

cya is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache Kitchen Update LZX

dennygun ... on a few of JJB's SYS_xxxxx_Common.rar files I've had nonbooters so I've run FolderMatch and reviewed the changes. I've found what appear to be the same Folder / Files in prior builds when compared with FolderMatch have had differences (ie ... same name, same files, same size but something in one or more of the actual files has been changed). I recall finding variations in AUTOUPDATE, GPSID, MODEMLINK, NetCF, RemoteDesktopMobile, and Webview. Some of the folders can just be removed like NetCF, MODEMLINK, and RemoteDesktopMobile as the Apache kitchen provides these. GPSID is not supported by the Apache and I haven't used AUTOUPDATE so they can be removed as well. I have taken Webview from past booters and overwritten the current one provided and had successful builds but I haven't been able to isolate it to just Webview. I've not fooled around with the Shell, OS, OSModule folders.

My Apache rom flashing is just for entertainment / education as I don't use it daily any longer ... plus I have two so it makes flashing and testing changes easier. If you have any questions I'd gladly try to help but my knowledge / experience is limited.

cya

Just an FYI for you to think about ... I'm using drellisdee's most recent updates for my builds, I take JJB's Apache_xxxxx_xip.BIN and use lennySH's XIPKitchen_Beta6 to port to LZX per drellisdee's instruction, I use apache_lzx_source as even though I was able to build rom's with drellisdee's tweaked source .BIN I had issues with use.

I see you're listing using 23060 in you're signature so I figure you're on to the newer builds than 23053 question that I'm responding to. I found 23060 to be a nice rom but 23420 for me has been the best. Without any testing my "seat of the pants" judgement is that it is faster and has very little if any memory leaks. So good in fact I've passed on downloading and testing the JJB's build he's posted lately.

edit: Past WindowsLive and WindowsLiveIM have been issues but latest folders work fine in 23420

Last edited by cya; 10-13-2009 at 11:23 PM.