View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
mantispid
N00b

mantispid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VPN keeps re-locking phone (certificate requirements)

Does anyone know of a registry tweak to prevent a phone (TP2 in my case) from being re-locked? I have to use SDA-Unlocker whenever I re-establish my company VPN connection. It's quite annoying to have to do this simply to use apps like google maps. The corporate security types have gone way overboard here. The folks using blackberries don't have to deal with this sort of crap.

I somehow prevented it from being re-locked before I had to do a hard reset yesterday. I can't seem to remember exactly what I did, though. I've used the SDA-Unlocker.exe program, clearsecurity.cab file, and the HTC Application unlock.exe program... and none of 'em will stick if I re-connect to the corporate VPN. Ugh!

Ok, a with a little bit of sleuthing I've found that it is the Exchange server re-establishing various security settings in the registry. I need to figure out a way to prevent this from happening. Is there some sort of registry tweak that will deny MS Exchange access to the security policies in the registry?

Last edited by mantispid; 10-08-2009 at 11:27 AM.