Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
vne147
Lurker
Threadstarter

vne147 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PhoneFusion Questions

I've been making a little progress on this.

I have succeeded in preventing the FVMPlus application from launching when a voicemail is received by doing the following:

In the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ directory I renamed the FVMPlus.lnk file to FVMPlus_bak.lnk. I didn't want to totally delete it because I wasn't sure if it would break anything. Now since it's renamed, what ever it was that was starting the FVMPlus application upon receiving a voicemail won't find the .lnk file it's looking for so the application does not get started.

Next, in order to make the FVMPlus application still work when executed manually from the start menu I changed the value of the HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\3\Path registry key to \Program Files\FVMPlus\FVMPlus.exe. I have that application in slot 3 of my start menu (i.e. left column 2nd row). You may have to change the 3 accordingly.

I also found the registry key responsible for making the new voicemail notification pop up on the Today screen. It is HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Coun t.
Changing the value from 0 to 1 or greater makes the notification for unread voicemail pop up on the today screen.

Now I'm trying to figure out where the OS is told what to do when the unread voicemail notification on the today screen is tapped. If I can find that and assuming it's in the registry somewhere, I can change the action from, call *86 to run FVMPlis.exe. In theory, I could also add something to make it change the value of the HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Coun t registry key to 0 so the voicemail notification would go away after tapping it on the today screen.

I'm also trying to figure out how the phone is told from the network that there is a new voicemail waiting. There has to be some registry key somewhere that does this otherwise the FVMPlus application wouldn't know to launch automatically when a new voicemail arrives.

Once I figure the last two things out, I think I can come up with a workaround. Then maybe I can generate a .cab for people to use in the future when changing to PhoneFusion.

Anymore ideas anyone?