View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio stuff Coming Soon :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
There was a really big deal a while back regarding seidio's slim high capacity batteries (the ones that fit with the stock battery cover). I think it was over in the original Touch/Vogue forum. At first people were claiming that the battery life was amazing and a huge improvement, but then someone suggested that it might just be a placebo effect since no one had any hard data, and seidio couldnt provide any information on testing other than "we've tested these batteries, they work much better"....

The board members ended up doing several tests and discovered that the seidio batteries that were rated 200mwh higher than the stock batteries were actually providing LESS battery life when compared to the stock batteries.

That is EXACTLY what I found with the seidio 1500 TouchPro batteries & I tested them extensively.

I have four of those batts & while they seem to be very nice quality, they don't give 5 minutes extra talk time over the stock HTC battery.

I just bought two really cheap ebay batteries & one extra HTC battery from Verizon ($29 with a coupon) for my TP2. That is considerably cheaper than the stock size seidio & will work just fine.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.