View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 AM
boredmug
Regular 'Geeker

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro screen and keyboard died???

Ok, a little history about the phone. I purchased this phone and flashed it to cricket for a friend. had talk/text, mms, and internet working fully. He's had it for 6 months or so until today when it took a dump. he said he was browsing the net when it froze up. he reset it. He said it was acting weird and then froze again. He reset it again and then the screen failed to come back on. The phone starts up no problem. can send and receive calls. you can hear it boot up but the screen does not light up at all. apparently it still responds to touch though. Another weird thing is that the lights on the hardware buttons do not come on. Also the lights on the keyboard do not light up. Hit the caps button and the light for that does not respond. Plug it in to charge and no light. The phone can receive calls but none of the hardware buttons work at all. He was thinking that i could just replace the screen and everything would be fine. I'm starting to think there is something more serious wrong considering all these symptoms. Since the phone has no warranty and is not on sprint i opened it up partially to see if anything came loose. I only took the housing from the keyboard apart and made sure the ribbon to the screen and the ribbon to the keyboard were seated firmly.. They are. I haven't been able to take it apart completely because i need the tiny phillips to seperate the screen from the keyboard. ANY IDEAS AT ALL???

EDIT: i was going to try and hook it up to my mobile so i could see the screen on my computer buti can't get it to go into active sync. it just keeps trying to do disk drive mode instead. Anyone know a way to get it into active sync?

Last edited by boredmug; 10-06-2009 at 12:47 AM.