View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Perasite
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, I looked into anonymous FTP hosting both on DreamHost and through other providers. Since we already host with DreamHost, it would make the most sense to keep the anonymous FTP there. If I am reading DreamHost's docs correctly, then adding anonymous FTP would cost $47.40 per year or $3.95 per month (the cost of having a unique IP which is required for anonymous FTP.) We could then do many things with the FTP. There could be an upload folder that anyone can add files to, but this could be upload only, so no one could take stuff out of there without a full user account. A full user could then move the approved items to a download folder. Then no one but the full user would be able to remove or change that item, but everyone could download it. Anyway, hope Mike catches this thread. I'll send him a PM with the info.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)