View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
chirawat
Lurker

chirawat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprints matches Big reds TP2 price! (May not work)

I just bought the TP2 with retention. Here is how it worked for me:

Emailed eCare about matching VZ price, saying I have been a Sprint customer for 10 years now and works for <big corp>.

First one guy replied saying they could match price for corp client and asked me to reply with my billing address to verify that it's me. I replied and 10 hours later a different eCare rep replied to my 2nd mail saying they don't match price...

I was like, WTF?, since the way I read the first guy's reply is that they will do it, and the only thing left is for me to confirm that I actually own the account.

Got on the phone with Retenttion (*2, then 3, then 5 - thanks to someone on this thread). The guy checked my account to make sure I work for <big corp> and said, no problem, he will put in my order and give me credit, so I will see charge of $449+tax and he has put in an adjustment $250, therefore I am getting it for $200 + tax + $18 activation. No rebate.

Already see the charge on my account online, now waiting to get the phone and see that the credit is applied, although he already gave the adjustment request number which he submitted while on the phone with me. Let's see.

I also told him that the fact that the exact same phone can be bought from VZ for about half the Sprint price really made me question my loyalty to Sprint, as the comparison is very clear - same phone, same contract term, same network type (CDMA). He agreed and said his group has been adjusting the price for a lot of people for the same reason.

Last edited by chirawat; 10-05-2009 at 01:24 AM.