View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 03:01 AM
ca2l3vin
PPCGeeks Regular

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel To Verizon Migration Help.

I see a few alltel users on here are having some issues with contract and migration upgrades so ill toss some info towards you. WARNING this information is generalized more heavily on the South East area of Verizon Wireless operations and may very from store to store, call center to call center.

The truth is...

In reality you can have vzw devices on alltel plans but the only problem with them is that there is about a 50/50 chance the data portion on your plan may not apply to your devices. We try to have people upgrade to save them time and headache that can caused by this but it Can be done. Reason for the data issues is that some areas and phones have agreements that are supposed to prohibit proper activation due to regulations..however this is more so the case for alltel devices on vzw plans than Visa Versa. you can have vzw devices on alltel plans and they may work perfectly...or you may only be able to place phone calls and text.

If you dont mind trying to go through the trouble then you can push hard enough and get them to change it. reminder that you cant block numbers or use visual voicemail and if you had voicemail to txt that that will not work on vzw.

hope this helps with making your decisions (personally I would just change the plan to avoid the trouble and get a comparable plan to the alltel plan. with you upgrading to vzw devices your 30 day WFG would come back into effect if you sign a contract.)

On a Side note the taste for the remainder of the year is still handling alltel customers. This meaning that a lot of Verizon Wireless areas are pushing for new contract and device activations to avoid the hassles of converted devices..this means your upgrade date may be moved if agreed to sign a 2 year contract and purchase a new VZW device. For more information about this PM me and ill see what we can work out. (though my responses may be slow I will try my best to reply.)