View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Decisions...Verizon or Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this is what i don't understand, why do you people need to call sprint customer care and bug them so often for, that it actually matters when picking a provider? They tell me how much my service costs, I pay it, no need to call them. If my phone breaks i go to a sprint store but what would i actually need to call customer care for that i need to worry about how they will treat me over the phone. I call those people only when i'm trying to scam them like getting an early upgrade, but technically i know i'm not eligible so i can't be mad at them if they say no. Before I got my tp2, i think the last time i called them was right before I got my tp1.
Well, in my case with Verizon, not sure about Sprint, because no Verizon store in my area caried my phones TP1/TP2, I have to GIVE them my phone until the shipped phone arrives. Which means I'm out a phone I use for work for up to 2 days, which is unacceptable. They explained that this is because the store is then controlling the inventory. I also had the issues that the touch screen was pulling away from the phone and I was on my 4th phone in 9 months. I would LOVE to not have to call Verizon for anything for 2 years until my next upgrade, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I'm hoping the TP2 is better, but I'm already on my 2nd one because of a bad radio on the first.

From the Sprint store that I talked to locally, I can bring my phone in there, but again, right now there is not in-store stock of TP2's. I hear they are getting them, but if they are like Verizon, that will be VERY limited.

So, to answer your question, why we have to call support so much, I don't want to, I have to.