View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
The general foolishness associated with the eye-candy and bloat being introduced into Windows Mobile 6.5 & 6.5.1 is one of the biggest reasons I stick with 6.1 and anticipate a move to Android, unless things improve on the Windows Mobile front.

Best regards,
-boggsie
sure I agree that 6.1 remains more complete and stable than the latest 6.5.1 roms but that is to be expected. 6.1 has been more or less final for a while. The thing that's nice about WM/MS is we have the ability to actually test out the new beta sys and gain a perspective of what coming down the pike in the future. Of course it also allows us to determine if we like or dislike their direction and make decisions accordingly on what device we get next. You don't get to do this with the i-phone, webos or android at the moment. In fact, there's a discussion going on in another forum here about Google sending out C & D letters to a chef for including apps in his modified G1 roms so it appears that MS and HTC are much more lenient to communities like PPCG and XDA. It could be much different if they didn't allow the modding community to contine as it has.
This post has been thanked 5 times.