x42384
PPCGeeks Regular

x42384 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
Is there a guide or anything to using the Calk's Visual Kitchen? I honestly don't have any idea what I'm doing other than being able to select what I want and don't want in the ROM. After that, I'm clueless, and it's frustrating because I'd really like to make a ROM that's exactly what I want.
I am probably one of the people that has authority to answer this, being that I am/was new to using the visual kitchen (VK). Don't listen to the experts, they make things too complicated

I use the HTC Diamond - Sprint

Here are a few tips on using the kitchen.
1. Download the kitchen and unzip it (use winrar).
2. Run the kitchen executable and it will bring up a GUI
3. Select options in the GUI (note, under the DEVICE tab, you need to select your device, even though it is already selected.)
4. Choose your XIP/SYS/EXT build numbers. For the latest/greatest, select 6.5.1/23414/23414
5. In the packages field, the good options are preselected. You can click on options to remove/add. The 6.5.1/23414/23414 options are probably all you need. In my case, I just add SMS Advanced Notification, One Note, and a couple others. Once all selected, click CREATE ROM. It will take a couple minutes.
6. Once compiled, it will bring up the RUU program to flash.
7. All done.
8. Simple answer to your question: Trial & Error.

Note: Always have a backup flash image on your internal storage in case you brick your device. This way, you can do an emergency flash.

Here is a thread to review: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37805

Last edited by x42384; 09-27-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added weblink
This post has been thanked 1 times.