View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 PM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which google chat client do you TP2ers use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_dude View Post
From what I could tell, it goes through their servers, which is the main reason I avoid that service as well.

Thanks. I never like the idea of going through the proxy--email, browsing, or chat. Unless the traffic is encrypted/secure between your mobile device and the actual host, the proxy can capture your password and every packet/conversation. It is a security/privacy concern.

This is why I don't use Opera Mini, Mail2Web, DashWire (trusting them to store all my contacts, etc.), and the alike. Read some the privacy policy, and it's enough to scare you away. Most companies mine data based on your usage patterns. How am I assured that their system cannot be compromised?

I'm taking the time to explain in case some people don't understand the implications while using these "free" services/applications.

Cheers.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine: