View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 07:12 PM
nitrous9200
Regular 'Geeker

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got charged for VZ Navi after CF03

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_killer View Post
Okay I'll cal them today and get it taken off.

Thay also charged me for "mobile broadband 5gb" and said it was from teathering to my laptop but I've had my omnia for the past 5 months and this is the first month I got the charge. I thought that data was included in the smart phone data package, is that wrong?
Data is included in your Smartphone Web and Email plan but that is intended for data usage on the phone only, NOT tethering. On the Verizon branded software, you must also sign up for the tethering feature and use the VZAccess Manager software to tether, but you can work around this and use the Internet Sharing program and your regular smartphone data plan. Keep in mind this is technically against the ToS, but as long as you don't use it frequently for large files/webpages you should be able to fly under the radar. However, once you start using lots of data, they start to notice what you're doing. So either keep your usage low or sign up for the tethering feature.