View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
I can't do it in the kitchen some how?
Short answer: no. The default theme is not just a simple .tsk file that can be deleted. It's all broken apart into several files and registry entries and is not meant to be deleted.

If you'd like to set a different theme as default you can easily do that instead. Simply drop the tsk file you want into \BuildOS\USER_OEM\Additional Themes. Then you'll need to open up the .rgu file in that folder (it's probably not associated with any program so what you should do is open up notepad on your computer, then drag the ef780ba2-f5aa-11db-8314-0800200c9a66.rgu file onto the notepad window. It should open up and you'll see a few lines like this:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today]
"Skin"="\\Windows\\Htc_default.tsk"
"UpdateFlag"=dword:00000001
"Restriction"=dword:00000002

Where it says "Htc_default.tsk", replace that with the exact name of the .tsk you want set as the default. So if I put a file called "Clouds.tsk" into the folder I'd change that one line to read:

"Skin"="\\Windows\\Clouds.tsk"

Don't mess with anything else in that file. All you need to do is replace the file name itself.

Go to File->Save, close notepad, and then include that package when you build your ROM. On first boot, your theme should be changed automatically to the one you included (sometimes it takes a few seconds for it to change).

Also, I would recommend deleting a lot of themes from that folder--it takes up over 1MB with all the ones that are in there now. We're going to try to come up with a better solution, because a lot of people are including that package and then wondering why their ROMs are too full.

Hope that helps.