Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
justinsimison
Lurker

justinsimison is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to justinsimison
Re: i910 MMS Picture Resize Problem - Better Solution

Not to jinx this or anything, but I think I may have solved this problem.

It's close, anyway.

Once I got into the registry fields of the prior "Arcsoft" solution, I realized that borrowing the registry edits (and tweaking slightly) was all that was necessary. The Arcsoft software itself is NOT required. I have no idea where Arcsoft got these values, but I have tested this all day and it works in every scenario and available firmware including 6.5 ROMS.

It's not EXACTLY perfect, but it's close.

For instance, a picture originally sized at 2304 x 1728 (783 Kb) was resized down to 1500 x 1125 (275 Kb). Once I received the resized 275 kb photo, I sent it to my other Omnia and the picture remained at 275 kb. It was not further resized.

Pictures can be sent and received without incident. VIDEO can also be sent and received without incident.

The ONLY changes required are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings

Change "UAProf" value to: http://uaprof.vtext.com/utstar/xv68k/xv68k.xml

Change "UserAgent" value to: utstar68kv1

You can soft reset if it makes you feel better, but you won't need to.

Keep in mind, it is still resizing the pictures based on some sort of consistent but elusive and undefined algorithm. However, it is irrelevant. These two fields are the ONLY applicable fields with regard to picture resolution. This may or may not be the best result out there. I guess we just need a master list of what variables are used on uaprof.vtext.com and then we can make that decision.

This has been a pain in my *** for months now, so I hope you are all as relieved as I am.

- Justin

Last edited by justinsimison; 09-26-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: mistake
This post has been thanked 2 times.