View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 PM
DLCPhoto
Regular 'Geeker

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
General Windows Mobile Questions

As I've indicated in previous posts, I'm new to VZW Touch Pro 2, my first Windows Mobile device, coming from Palm 515 and then Palm TX.

1. There are a variety of programs I'd like to try out (e.g. CoPilotLive 8, which apparently has a downloadable Trial program), but I'm not sure how good the Uninstall is if I decide not to keep any given application. I know that on a regular Windows XP or Vista system, many applications leave a fair amount of residue in terms of registry entries, .dll and other files,etc.

I'm wanting to keep my TP2 as lean as possible, and I'd hate to 'clutter' it up, with possibly impaired performance, by simply trying out some new programs. Sometimes a given utility will "break" other OS functions - will a simple uninstall easily reverse these, or does it get stickier than that?? Any experience and perspective appreciated.

2. I normally backup my desktops using a Disk Copying program, copying both OS and Data partitions to extra internal and external hard drives (I actually use the program Casper 5.0 for this). Does Windows Mobile have any built-in backup program? What are the recommended backup strategies and programs, assuming there's nothing that comes with it out of the box.

3. Links to sites with an overall introduction to Windows Mobile, FAQ's, common pitfalls, recommended utilities, etc. would also be helpful.

Thanks!