View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintusingh View Post
Update:

I uninstalled the msmnu.dll.cab after it did not fix the "clicking on the send text message button does nothing" problem. Then, today morning I tested again by sending two text messages to my wife's phone and it worked. Clicking on the send button now actually sends the message

So, that is the good news , although I do not know what changed overnight?

Now the not so good news - The text message I had sent to my wife's phone was "test" but on that phone it reads as t@e@s@t . I am not sure what is going on here.

The other problem that I am consistently seeing is that when I am typing a sentence, the phone freezes for a few seconds and even though I may keep clicking on the soft keyboard - the text is not written to the screen until a few seconds later.

I think both the problems are irritating but I can live with them (I rarely text).

Other than that I feel that this rom is quite good. Thanks.
Maybe it's just me, but ever since I installed the dll I posted, my send button has worked. I put it into my SASHIMI, and have hard reset a few times so far, but the button still works.

One workaround if you cannot get the send button to work, is to scroll to the bottom of the message screen. Below where the character count is (X/160), tap and hold until the menu comes up. Send should be an option on this menu. If you click and hold within the text window, the send option won't show up in the menu.

Cheers

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand