View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Maps Cell Triangulation on VZW TP2

It's working on a Sprint TP(1) with NRGZ28's latest ROM as well. I wonder exactly what is allowing us access now. Is it just a matter of having correct server settings, or is there actually a service on the device that is communicating securely with the towers to access the AFLT data. Anyone have the details?

Outside of a handful of phones (Palm Pre for example) tower based location services haven't been available from CDMA carriers. I wonder if they're finally opening up access. Well, hopefully now that there are a few WM phones offering it we can port it to others. Sweet, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Cell ID info has been available on GSM networks forever, but it seems that our local CDMA carriers have been trying to find ways to monetize it. Maybe they're giving up.