Thread: WM7 on Pro2
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
testacon
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Re: WM7 on Pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
Do you really think WM7 will be out by Feb. WM 6.5 hasn't even came out yet, The TP1 hasn't got any info on a official update to WM6.5 yet. Here you talk about the TP2 getting WM7 Lol. If HTC wants the TP2 to have WM7 they probably would advertise it instead of advertising 6.5 upgradeable. Upgrading A OS on old phones cost money why would HTC want to spend money upgrading the OS when they can make a brand new phone for us suckers to buy and rack in $$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christr View Post
Not sure why people think WM7 will be out in Feb... reports I see show an expected release in late 2010. (even a prior post here mentioned Q4 2010, and a 'touch optimized' 6.5 in Feb 2010).

--Chris
I think that I finally understand what is happening here and this type of confusion. Earlier this year (April/May) an article came out that said WM 6.5 was released to manufactures. I took that as phones were coming out shortly to us afterward, being Oct and the phones are FINALLY hitting our hands is why the 2 dates are throwing people off. The first date, lets say Feb '10 is probably to give the WM7 RTM to the carriers so they can test the phones with WM7 software and hardware, then months later actually release a true date which puts the phone in our grabby little hands in Nov/Dec...