Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Fluffywings
Lurker

Fluffywings is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coreplayer Benchmark Testing

Hello All,

I decided to start a thread about benchmarking on the TP2. Below is a Free and Legal video to test for benchmarking. If we all use the same video, the tests will be more replicable. Its an 890MB, 1920x1080p video. Suggestions/Comments are welcome to improve this thread. Make sure you are not running other programs on the TP2 at the same time when benchmarking. Thanks.

Torrent: Bigbuckbunny.org

-------------------------------------------------------------
What to include in your Post.

Program used to convert as well as Program Settings

Coreplayer Preferences
- Video output
- Video Quality
- Smooth Zoom
- Dither

Coreplayer Buffering
- Normal buffer size
- Preload at underrun
- Preload for audio
- Microdrive Mode and Settings

Coreplayer Advanced
- Prefer less buffering over framerate

Coreplayer benchmark of video.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Results:Preliminary Results, I ran many benchmarks but I haven't organized it well.
Note: % refers to playback speed. As long as you are over 100% playback speed in a benchmark, the video will run smoothly.

Quick Conclusion:

MPEG-4 FFmpeg is hardware decoded. So far I have gotten a bitrate of 1160kbits (1000kbits + 160kbits AAC) at a resolution of 720x400. Playback was 108%. As I decreased the resolution, the playback speed would go up only slightly. I am going to try 800x448 and max out the bitrate to see what I can get.

MPEG-4 Xvid. Not sure if it is hardware decoded. Haven't done extensive testing. Plays better than h.264 does.

h.264 is software decoded. I couldn't get 560x315 running better then 91%. 480x270 was 118%.

Last edited by Fluffywings; 09-24-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 1 times.