View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Replacement Woes

And it gets better!

Sprint store: "Oh wow that's gross! *takes it back to tech* The lady used rubbing alcohol and a pressurized duster they use when repairing phones and gave it back to me. At that point, I had that weird feeling that I don't wanna use the keyboard EVER, but whatever. Here's where it gets better...

Me: "How much would it cost me to upgrade to a TP2?"
Rep: "Lets see... what's your number? *checks the system* It looks like you're not eligible for any discounts."
Me: "Wait... my contract is up this coming January. I should at least have the MIR and $75 credit"
Rep: "Hmm... no, it says your contract was renewed November of last year?"
Me: *blank stare* "Excuse me?"
Rep: "Yes, it says you'll be eligible October of 2010"

-At this point, I was incredibly confused. Then it all came together... November was when Sprint replaced my Mogul with a TP. This was because I was having so many issues with my Mogul and they agreed to give me a discount on the TP. It turns out, they actually renewed my account in the process. I never authorized them to renew it! If I wanted to upgrade my damn phone, I would've waited another week until the contract was up instead of complaining for hours on end to get a new phone!
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So the rep tells me to call retentions. I did. Just got off the phone with them.

Retentions: "Well, it looks like your contract was renewed when you got the TP discount."
Me: "No one authorized anything like that. The rep said she would give me a TP for $130"
Retentions: "You got a discount on that phone and it looks like she gave you a mail in rebate too. When we give you something, you have to give us something in return."
Me: "This was not a new purchase... this was supposed to be through TEP because my phone was defective"
Retentions: "Asurion would've handled it then"
Me: "No, Asurion handles the claims for lost/stolen phones. This was because of technical issues."

-go back and forth *politely, I might add*

Retentions: "I can escalate this if you'd like and see if anyone can do anything."
Me: "Alright, might as well"

*on hold*

Retentions: "My supervisor just stepped out. I'll have him call you back after he's reviewed your account."

-Note: I got his rep ID so... This better play out.

My blood pressure is dangerously high right now... My head hurts like a mofo, and I have a Calculus exam tomorrow.

I have to say... F M L in it's fullest sense!