Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Kreigz
PPCGeeks Regular

Kreigz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Thanks for the quick reply ...

So, anyway of diagnosing where the problems is? I've already tried turning anti-virus off, firewall off, etc ... no luck.

Suprisingly, the most sure-fired way of getting my Vista pc to sync is to use bluetooth. The only problem with BT is Media Center doesn't recognize the SD card for sync'ing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Yeah just a general explanation for people:

The method your PPC uses to talk to a Windows PC its connected to used to always be a serial connection emulated over USB. Beginning with WM5 MS moved to a networking-type connection called RNDIS. It had a ton of problems at first, made worse by the fact that you couldn't choose any other method.

Around the time of AKU 2.0 of WM5 MS debuted the "USB to PC" applet in Settings->Connections to facilitate switching back to the serial driver if desired. Also, RNDIS has improved a lot compatibility-wise since it first debuted with WM5. However, on some systems it will still have problems (due to firewalls, corp lockdowns with group policy, etc.). In those cases reverting to the serial driver (unchecking the "use advanced networking" checkbox in Settings->Connections->USB to PC) is the usually the solution to the problem (and there's no downside, although I'm not positive if Internet Sharing works in that mode).