View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 AM
youngpro83
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Yeah. Compare the two. The issue, what I really want you to see or confirm is that when the data is on, i.e. you see the data icon arrows in the taskbar but no data is being used the current draw is the same as it is with the data turned off. What increases the battery usage is the re-establishing of the data connection when it auto disconnects.

Edit: Currently My data stays connected unless I manually turn it off but the arrows indicating data transfer ONLY come on when there is actually data being transferred. What does your indicate?
Well I figured that because the arrows are solid as if I was browsing the web I figured that the data was running when I actually was not doing anything of the sort. I would check in my notifications and I noticed that the arrows were solid and there was a timer that just kept running and I was curious to know why this was. So I just tried to disable it. I wasnt sure if it helped or hurt. I just tried everything possible to try and cut down on the data usage, but I will turn the settings back tonight and check and see if my battery life changes any tomorrow. I will post back with my results.