Thread: HTC Hero.
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 AM
SporkLover
Almost a VIP

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
nothing special. just another manila interface on a different operating system. it will be ported over to windows anyway, and other than the hardware, you wont be missing out on much. my diamond does all of that stuff NOW, and i am sure Hero is not lag free.
I would disagree here. Android is a little more than Manilla on a different operating system. Sense UI is the UI. TouchFlo / Manila, is lipstick on a pig. While it is a VAST improvement over anything MS has to offer as far as a UI goes, it is a software application sitting on top of the OS and the stock UI, and it often calls up the stock UI. Android is designed to be finger friendly, WM designed to be navigated with a Stylus. Stability is also a great thing. The first say out of the box TouchFlo3d was crashing on me.

The other thing that Android offers that WM doesn't, is a great web browsing capability. With my TP, I use no less than 3 web browsers, each has their own purpose, and stability is an issue with all of them!

Hopefully the 1-2 punch from the iPhone / Android phones will give MS the motivation they need to get off their butts and make WM7 a great platform, because right now they are broken, and the other offerings are really starting to highlight that.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G