View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 AM
manekineko
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830V (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim35ca View Post
Let me first say I very much appreciate the effort and looking forward to the next release. Here are some of the things I have run across:

virtual keyboard:
- randomly crashes and you need to reboot to get it back
- randomly pauses and seems like it isn't responding to key presses but will all of a sudden spit out any keys pressed while paused
- always returns to ABC mode after any key is pressed
- only full qwerty available
- pressing the extra keys key right of the spacebar crashes keyboard

Text messsage:

- entering threaded message from the screen brought up by the hotbar button and the All Messages menu brings up different threaded message editor applications.

General house keeping:

- screen buffer seems to retain previous artifacts, even from last power off, i.e. when opening an email the screen spends time redrawing previous windows such as keyboards messages and even sometimes the power off dialog (which seems totally odd).
- where is the icon on the upper right in the home screen for the mini task manager? If you click far enough over to the right you seem to randomly get the mini task manager and the blow up of the status icons.
Yup, I'm seeing all of these, though I'm getting keyboard pauses much less infrequently after installing Calkulin's Touch HD EzInput, which also clears up the rest of the keyboard issues.

The screen buffer one is very strange. On clean install of the ROM, it seems to be showing an email sync screen with the server set to imapppp. Somehow it's been replaced on mine now with a screenshot from Total Commander covered with color noise.

In general, I seem to be getting more random pauses where I have to wait like 5 seconds until Windows Mobile starts responding again than on the previous ROM I was running (Mighty). But I'm just saying that in terms of reporting my user experience. This ROM is totally rad.