View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Karmashock
PPCGeeks Regular

Karmashock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get Stereo BT headset buttons to work properly

My previous phone was an Apache so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. I had my apache patched to work with A2DP headsets and it worked reasonably. The Touch Pro2 works MUCH better with connecting and playback. However, it is not processing volume changes track changes, or play/pause commands from the headset.

It got some message that popped up immediately after started playing with it that said something about it not being able to change the volume on this device and to rely on the headset to change it's own volume. Ultimately, the volume can be changed on the headset so that isn't a problem, but I'd really like to be able to play/pause tracks and skip tracks.

Anyone know what the problem is?

The headset is the Sony DR-BT21G... and the phone is the touch pro2 from sprint using the standard rom.

Every time I hit the pause button instead of playing/pausing it just goes to the home screen. Doesn't matter what the program is or what else I'm doing. It's very annoying.

Just tested the phone buttons and they don't work properly either. On the Apache pressing the "talk" button the headset would either pick up the phone or prompt for a voice dial. On the touch pro2 it seems to go to phone mode for about 1 second and then go right back to stereo audio mode...

Is there a fix for this?