View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM
billymonks
Lurker

billymonks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Desperate for help: Touch screen broken, cannot reflash

In December I bought a Sprint HTC Touch Pro off of ebay, and a few weeks ago, the touch screen inexplicably stopped working. About a month beforehand, what looked like air bubbles and adhesion started to appear under the screen, but I thought it was only cosmetic. Now it seems like the screen thinks it is constantly being pressed in the center, so it considers all presses on the center button to be the same as holding down the button, and touching the screen does nothing. Normally I would take the phone back to the Sprint store, but I am a Verizon customer, and am using a 6.5 rom, that boots with a Verizon logo. If I could open the start menu, I would be able to flash back to the stock rom, and maybe give the phone to one of my friends who use Sprint to take it back, but I cannot manage to reflash the phone. I can't get into activesync, because the only way to change the option from disk drive mode to ActiveSync is by using the touch screen, and in Disk Drive mode I can only access the memory stick.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I do not think that the people at the Sprint store are going to take the phone back when it boots with a great big Verizon Wireless logo.