View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:49 PM
eman
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
I dont think he was trying to discredit your claim. Its pretty clear to most people when you have a stuck pixel. I would imagine that 99% of the folks affected are actually seeing stuck pixels as well but this is worth a shot for that 1% and even for those folk, you have to decide if the camera is important enough to you to send it back... any defect would be enough for me. And did I read that you settled on the first? I had that same issue with my i760 and I called up manager to manager until they gave me another, FREE, phone. which they did. Give it a shot. At the very least you will receive another phone that may be free of defect and at best you will be comped the cost of the phone, maybe more. The faster the carriers get word of an issue that actually costs them money the faster they bark and the manufacturer.
I settled for the first. It literally is a tiny dot on the top part of the screen and the only reason why I noticed it the first time was, I was in my car at night and installed a program and rebooted the phone. If it wasn't for that, I still wouldn't have known it was even there. If I showed 10 people the phone and pointed to the white spec all 10 people probably wouldn't even see it.

I think the camera test is not the best way to look for it anyway because it is not a true black screen. There are things going on with the screen at that point.

Also like I said, I had a Diamond for the past year that I thought was pixel problem free until the other day I looked at it in the dark, black screen, backlight all the way up, and sure enough there was one on the side.

As far as the manufacturer is concerned, we are such a small number of people here that we really won't put a dent in them. The average business person buying this phone will never notice this as well as the average user.

I doubt they are going to be installing better screens in the device, hence making them cost even more money. A screen with a stuck pixel on a TP2 is still a lot better then a perfect screen on a TP.