View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
8notime
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

This is definitely NOT a signal issue or lack of 3G coverage. Let me give an example. I drove from Seattle to Portland and had 3G coverage the entire way there and the following day. I then boarded a flight from Portland to Seattle and when I landed in Seattle, I powered up my phone and all I could get was a 1X signal. I waited almost an hour for it to pick up 3G and when it didn't I finally did a *228 option 1 to reprogram. When the programming was complete, the phone rebooted and I had a solid 3G connection. When I woke up the next morning my phone was stuck back on a 1X connection. Again I did a *228 and got it back. A few hours later I drove across town, and it reverted back to 1X. I had my laptop with a Verizon aircard with me and it had a solid 3G signal. About an hour later I reprogrammed again and got it back. The image below (IP address edited), is what you should see in field trial if everything is good. It will say 1=Authenticated and you will have an IP address. The HDR session state should be 4=Open State. If these fields say anything else, you are failing to establish an EVDO session.

I did do a hard reset last night and have been in 3G ever since. I'll report back later.