Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
cjbreisch
PPCGeeks Regular

cjbreisch is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep, but, since all the wallpaper files have to get copied into their final location anyway (\Windows\gfx) you can just copy your files into that location after you flash your rom... or just name the files the same as the ones in the s2ul OEM, and drop them in Patches before you build your rom, and yours will overwrite the rom-versions and get copied into the right place on the hard reset.

Make sense?

Edit: Don't change the registry, that points to where a bunch of images used by S2UL are kept. Including the wallpaper.
Makes perfect sense. I didn't realize that there were also things in \Windows\gfx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
I think you should just install S2U2 instead of adding it as OEM ....all the images for S2U2 take up twice the space ...one in \windows and other one in \Windows\gfx ... with the extra space you save, you can add other OEM packages

what i do is i keep all the files that are custom to me....like images and links in my storage card and after a flash or hard reset i just copy/paste them over to My Device path example for S2U2 i would keep my custom wallpaper.jpg in a folder

\Storage Card\BackUp\Program Files\S2U2\gfx\wallpaper.jpg so when it comes time to copy everything all i do is highlight everything in BackUp then copy then paste to My Device ...and your somewhat back to what you had before the Hard reset or flash
After further consideration, I think I'm going to do just this. Of course, this means that I need to make a new ROM without S2U2. Well, I haven't flashed my ROM in over 16 hours, so I guess its about time...

Thanks for all the help, both of you.