View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM
?GotJazz?
PPCGeeks Regular

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Three things, two of which are power related:
1) The 1.51.xxx version of the HTC "X-Button" Task Manager doesn't seem to work.

2) Tapping on the battery icon on the top of the Today screen does not bring up the Battery Level indication.

3) I just moved from VerizonGuy's WM6 Kitchen to Helmi's WM6 Kitchen. It seemed like Helmi's Kitchen was chewing up my battery faster than VerizonGuy's Kitchen, so I did a little test:

I built Helmi's Kitchen with the same programs that I used in VerizonGuy's Kitchen. The only exception is the above-mentioned HTC Task Manager, where I used version 2.0.xxxx for Helmi's Kitchen.

I rebooted my XV6700 with nothing else running. After 8 hours of inactivity on VerizonGuy's Kitchen, I still saw a battery level of 100%. With Helmi's Kitchen, I see my battery level at 70% after 8 hours of inactivity.
Hopefully, the power usage can be improved on Helmi's Kitchen. (Maybe VerizonGuy has some ideas?) It sure was nice being able to use my phone for an entire day without needing to recharge it in the middle of the day. I haven't been able to do that for a long time ...

¿GotJazz?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?

Last edited by ?GotJazz?; 11-09-2007 at 12:57 AM.