Old 09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
lynnpreston
Lurker

lynnpreston is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

Response from HTC:
Hello Lynn, Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support regarding your Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2. I understand how frustrating it can be when your device does not work properly with your Bluetooth headset and would be happy to assist you. Have you tried using another Bluetooth headset? There could be a compatibility issue between the headset you are using and your device. Our devices do not support all Bluetooth headsets. Compatibility alone does not guarantee perfect operation: issues like an unknown PIN code, unusual Bluetooth settings, signal interference, and other factors may still require your attention when using your HTC device with the Bluetooth product. We strongly encourage you to read over the User Manual of both your device and your Bluetooth accessory to fully understand how they are supposed to operate. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. You can always find useful information regarding our HTC devices on our self-help user forum at: www.htcwiki.com. In addition, you can find a customer satisfaction survey at: http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. Thank You, Stephanie HTC Technical Support Team

My reply back:
Hello, First, thank you for the quick reply. I have also tried with a Jawbone 1, Jawbone 2, and a Plantronics Voyager with the same results. I have been using Bluetooth headsets since 2003, and have had HTC devices for the last 3 years (Titan, Touch Pro 1, and now Touch Pro 2), and have never had an issue like this before. This clearly appears to be a problem with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack in the Touch Pro 2 (the previous devices used the Microsoft Bluetooth stack). Any fix you guys can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.