View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Gordo293
Lurker

Gordo293 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey guys, just found this article on pocketnow.com. I have a feeling this may help us with battery life. Here's the thread: http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ho...10mb-of-memory
**cab is available on this page along with instructions to perform a registry edit.

in reading the article, it seems to be geared towards the tp2 but I wonder if these changes will also benefit the diamond and touchpro considering we are using rhodium tf2.1 much the same as the tp2. Additionally, the article states that turning of push internet(tf>internet tab>menu>settings) does not necessarily turn off Opera push updates. So I think it might be worth trying it out. Not only will it save memory used but also battery life since the device will not update push pages every hour. sounds like a winner...hopefully. Let's try it out and report back.

My knowledge of the subject may be limited, but for what it is worth, I was under the impression the "push internet" feature was something exclusive to the TP2 and was not operation on our Touch Diamonds? As I said, I could be way off here, but if we don't have the feature, then it wouldn't make much sense trying to optimize it.