View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 6 ||Manila 2.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman45 View Post
is it just me or is the battery dying really fast cause i will charge it over night and it will be 100% when i unplug it, and about two minutes it will be at 90%. I really like this rom but i have to switch to another one because of the battery dying so quick, i even did the battery tweak and it didn't make a difference at all.

any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
i have the same problem..
Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
At least I am not alone on this topic. I know all the Diamond methods in conserving battery life (turn off all data, screen off..etc). Sprint Stock ROM was OK, MightyROM4 was good. However, ever since I switched to EnergyROM, I have watched helplessly as the battery drains faster than expected. Even tried some of the battery tweaks in the TWEAKs folder. No change.

Have been experimenting a bit to see where battery drain is occuring, but if all else fails, will go back to MR4. (EnergyROM is feature rich and I like if over other ROMs).
Hey guys, just found this article on pocketnow.com. I have a feeling this may help us with battery life. Here's the thread: http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ho...10mb-of-memory
**cab is available on this page along with instructions to perform a registry edit.

in reading the article, it seems to be geared towards the tp2 but I wonder if these changes will also benefit the diamond and touchpro considering we are using rhodium tf2.1 much the same as the tp2. Additionally, the article states that turning of push internet(tf>internet tab>menu>settings) does not necessarily turn off Opera push updates. So I think it might be worth trying it out. Not only will it save memory used but also battery life since the device will not update push pages every hour. sounds like a winner...hopefully. Let's try it out and report back.

Last edited by Riley; 09-16-2009 at 12:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.