PPCGeeks Regular

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS Lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGUS View Post
FIX IS HERE -

Sounds like you're only working w/ 'AGPS', so not true GPS.
First in Google Maps do you have the option checked to 'Use GPS'?

I had the same issues at first, then I followed the instructions and ran the apps as in this post -
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598

Make sure you install the SDKcerts CAB first, then restart the phone. Then install Quick GPS. This will restart for you a second time now. Then connect to the internet via browser or whatever, then run QuickGPS and 'Download' the latest satellite info. When I didn't connect to the net first, QuickGPS failed to download the updates.

Now run Google Maps, should be almost instantaneous. If not, uncheck the Use GPS and then recheck it. My TomTom does like to take a bit to sync up, but when I go to the Settings>GPS Config area then it finds the satellites real quick.
These are instructions for unlocking Verizon's TP1 because Verizon had it locked down. Are you sure its safe for the TP2, or even necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo1a View Post
I think you are referencing lock times. I have a very quick lock on sats, but the lag in tracking movement for navigation in TomTom is a fu%#king joke! I had used TomTom on my mogul and touch with flawless precision and now with the TP2 it is completely unusable. I saw on XDA there was an improvement for GSM models, but so far no love for CDMA. Hopefully a fix or firmware update soon will help.
I could be wrong, but I thought QuickGPS was designed to help assist in satellite performance overall while operating by using cellular towers to assist, not just in initial lockdown.