humrod
PPCGeeks Regular

humrod is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
HTC Dialer messed up / scroll bar on right - this is because the amount of usable screen area with 2302x is less than other builds. Where did it go? It made room for those fancy finger-friendly buttons along the bottom. There might be a regedit to change the amount of screen the dialer asks for from GWE but I don't know where it is. I'm using the stock WM dialer - saves 10Mb. Tachi may have the same problem, but doesn't use as much memory.

If you have a WM6.1 nk.exe, if you have too many modules, you will run out of virtual memory space and that can cause a whole lot of very difficult to track down problems. Reversemod foo.dll and the phone starts working - but the fact that foo.dll was a module wasn't a problem, the number of modules is. If you have a WM6.5 nk.exe module away - you get a whole lot more virtual memory. I am not aware of a WM6.5 native kernal for CDMA touch pro unfortunately.

I think this happens because the call/contact screen is back of the dialer skin, and the steps (intead they are empty) cause the bar appear.